Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday already?

I can't believe how fast time is passing by right now. It's already Thursday, and it's already the middle of June. Blows my mind.

Today I spent almost all of my day at work trying extract bookmark information from a database file for Google Chrome for a user who installed Chrome without authorization and had been working in it for quite a while and had all his work bookmarks in it. We effectively blacklisted Chrome yesterday after discovering that it was the gateway to the root of all our spam issues and comprimised users. Users have apparently been installing Chrome without authorization into their profiles, and because they don't have admin privileges, it won't patch. Unpatched Chrome = Bad news bears. Anyway, I had to try and get his bookmarks out of the Chrome database file so he could do his job. Long story short, it didn't even matter in the end because he had synced them with his home computer. Waste of time.

Other than that it was pretty routine. I rebuilt Bob's computer for him, rebuilt a comprimised computer, and hurried the day along with countless ridiculous emails. Subway for lunch. Pretty much standard fair.

Went to Dave's after work to play some Citadels. I never win. But it's still fun. We also went to Super 8 tonight, which was pretty fantastic. I think it's the best movie I've seen all year. I say that a lot. This time I mean it. I also say that a lot. This time I mean it. End logic loop.

Yeah, it was really good. Well done, well acted, fun, interesting. I'm sure the meta reviews will do a better job describing why. All I can really say is that it was a great time and a great movie.

hit up The Yard after that, and now I'm home recanting my tale.

Ninja Turtles tomorrow. Stoked for that. Hopefully more ridiculous emails.

That's it for now. Sleep time. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment