Saturday, August 8, 2009

Adventure ho!

An adventure begins! Somewhere inside the next hour I'm going to be departing on what will probably be my only summer getaway this year. My mom and I are driving to Vancouver, primarily to go to the German consort to see about being able to get her a German passport, but we're going to try and have a fun trip around it. We're going to be driving through Edmonton, stopping for lunch and a little bit of shopping at the West Edmonton Mall, then continuing to Jasper to visit and stay with my cousin Shawn. From there, I think we're drviving to Vancouver to see and stay with an old friend of my mom's. A quick visit to the consort the next morning, and then we're off to Victoria! A day or two there, and then we're headed back home, this time through Calgary where hopefully I'll be able to meet up with a couple friends for a visit. We should be due back next Saturday.

I think this trip is well deserved. I really need to get away from things for a bit. It just hasn't felt like summer, to use the words of someone close to me. It'll be really great to get away from things for a bit. I'm also going to do everything I can to go out of my way and blog every night during this trip. Hopefully it'll help me get in a better habit of doing it, plus it'll be easy to recount a day at a time instead of the entire trip at once. So hopefully all goes well, and you'll be able to read several posts this week.

Anyways, must finish getting ready before we leave. Wish me luck, and I'll see you all in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment