Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hello again.


IMG_1302
Originally uploaded by Steve Z..
Well then. Been busy for the past little bit. At least I think I have. I'm not sure...But anyway, lets try and recap what's happened in the past little bit, shall we?

Things for school seem to be going along nicely. I've pretty much got the loans straitened out, and I've got a vague idea of where I'm supposed to go next Monday, the first day of orientation. After that I'll have to check into it a little farther. But we'll see how it goes. I'm getting rather excited to start school again. During high school I really didn't do much of anything, and didn't really have much of a work ethic or any motivation at all to apply myself. But since I've been out of high school for the past couple years, I've really gotten a want to learn again, so I think I'll do pretty OK. I don't think I'm going to do fantastic right away, but hey, I'll probably pick up some cool bits of knowledge.

It was my birthday last week. Yup, the big 20. To celebrate I rallied some troops and went to the Yard and Flagon on Broadway and had a few pints. I'd say it was a pretty good time. More people came by than I expected, but one person I was hoping to see couldn't make it. Oh well, maybe we'll be able to catch up another time. Anyway, Riley, Dan, Jeff, Brent, Aaron and I all got to the Yard at about the same time, and had a few pints before Nate made it over, then we had another. Shortly after Jeff, Brent, and Aaron had to take off, Andy stopped by as well. Not long after, Nick., Braden, and Kendra made their way up and we had another pint. I love Guinness, even more when I don't have to pay for it. The night went well, and after everyone but Nate, Riley, Andy, and I dispersed, we decided to go shoot some pool so we headed over to The Snooker Shak and had some fun there before calling it a night. I really enjoyed myself and hopefully we can do it again soon, or at least maybe I'll know more people to go for beers with once I start school. Who knows!

My parents 25th wedding anniversary was also this week (the 28th), so we went out to The Samurai for dinner. That was super tasty. I think it's awesome. Expensive though. Maybe someday I'll be able to take someone nice on a date there. I tried real sushi for the first time too, and I was really surprised. I didn't really know what to expect., but I really liked it. It doesn't taste at all fishy, and it's actually rather sweet.

I also picked up BioShock last week, and it's really cool. It's got an interesting story which I'm not too far into and won't really go into, and it looks just amazing. But I'll have to play more of it later, because Collin got me Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for my birthday. And I have one word for it. Crazy Awesome (Yeah I know that's two words, but it's just that awesome). I love Metroid. I've always loved Metroid since I first started playing it with Metroid II and then Super Metroid. It's easily my favorite video game franchise, and I'm even tossing around the idea of a Metroid themed tattoo as well (Not just because I love Metroid, it's also symbolic for me as well). And I have to say. Metroid Prime 3 may very well be my second favourite Metroid game ever. First being Super Metroid, but I don't think anything can dethrone it for a very long time, if ever. The controls in Prime 3 are just plane excellent. In short, they just work. So far most attempts at a first person game for the Wii has been very shotty and unnatural. But Prime 3 did it right. It's smooth and intuitive, and truly feels natural. The music is excellent, the sound effects are top notch, and the art direction is fantastic. And in a series first, the game also features several characters and has a full voice acting cast, and they can actually act and are engaging characters. Personally I don't think there's going to be a better single player Wii experience for quite a while.

Other than that there really hasn't been a whole lot going on. Work is going well. We're hiring right now since I'll be going to part time starting next week, and Athula (My boss) keeps saying that the girls he talks to on the phone to schedule and interview sound very pretty and that I'll jump out of my pants when I see them. Whatever that means. So anyone who might be looking for a place to get some money, come down to The Source in Market Mall with a resume and maybe you can be forced to spend more time with my standing around welling batteries to old people.

Well I think this has gone on long enough, and I'm running out of things to say anyway. So I think I'll call it a night and good day. Oh, and for those of you wondering, the picture there is of me looking surprised at once of my birthday gifts. My brother also game me some bubble wrap. I gave it to him for his birthday, and now he's giving it to me. I guess we started a new tradition! Oh well. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. And so it was, that Apple hast lost another minion.
    It ends on the Thursday. Then comes the unemployment. And the mooching off of parental units. And YOU must get ahold of me sometime, you shifty bastard!!!

    ReplyDelete