Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day

What kind of crappy power is Heart, I mean really! Happy Earth Day everyone! Today is the day when a lot of people are going to try and tell everyone else that they have to go green, that they can make little changes in their lives that will help to save the Earth. Well, they're not wrong. There are a lot of little things you can do. Like switching to energy efficient light bulbs, and recycling your cans and bottles instead of throwing them into the trash. Don't run the water when you're brushing your teeth. Things like that. Well, I don't know about you, but these are the sorts of things that I've always done. I do my best to turn the light out when I leave the room (See dad, I try!), and don't run the water while I brush my teeth, and we've always recycled out cans and bottles (we even pick up any that we find while camping, not only does it clean up the forest a bit, but it's free money!). To be honest, I find it a bit laughable that there is a need for a day like Earth Day. I serves its purpose, don't get me wrong, but it almost seems like people shouldn't need to be told to do these things. Besides helping create a cleaner, healthier environment, most of what a lot of people suggest you do to help save the planet is just economical. Recycling your cans and bottles is a great way to get a little extra money back from all those wonderful drinks you enjoyed. Turning off the lights saves on your energy bill, and not running the water when you don't need it will net you a smaller water bill. It almost seems to be like these should be common practice. But maybe it's because that's the way we've always done things while I was growing up. It's not hard for me to think that maybe there are a large number of people who didn't do these things their entire lives. I guess when I Think about it, that's what this day is for. But on the other hand, it does give me a great opportunity to laugh at Oprah as she tries to have a show that tells people to do what I've done as long as I can remember. And any excuse to laugh at Oprah is okay by me. So enjoy Earth Day! Save some energy, and save some money. The Planeteers would be proud!

Now here's a message from Spricket. Enjoy!


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment